The conference proceedings are now ready. Click on the following Spinger link for downloading the PDF version of the proceedings. The access is granted for 4 weeks.
News! Adhocnets 2017 is proud to announce keynote speakers: prof. Evangelos Kranakis (Carleton University) and prof. Hossam Hassanein (Queen's University)
More info here.
9th EAI International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks
The annual International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks (AdHocNets) focuses on ad hoc networking technologies and their applications. An ad hoc network is a wireless system, in which nodes (mobile or static) are connected using wireless links and cooperate to self-organize into a network without the requirement for any infrastructures such as access point or base stations. In recent years, ad hoc networks have been attracting increased attention from the research and engineering communities. The distributed and multi-hop nature of ad hoc networking, as well as the highly dynamic topology of ad hoc networks due to node mobility, has introduced many formidable challenges such as scalability, quality of service, reliability and security, and energy constrained operations for the networks. Ad hoc networking covers a variety of network paradigms including mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs), sensor networks, vehicular networks, underwater networks, airborne networks, underground networks, personal area networks, device-to-device (D2D) communications in 5G cellular networks, and home networks etc. It promises a wide range of applications in civilian, commercial, and military areas.
The aim of the annual AdHocNets conference is to provide a forum that brings together researchers and engineers from academia, government laboratories, as well as industry to meet, network, exchange ideas and present their recent research work, and discuss future directions on all aspects of ad hoc networks. This year’s AdHocNets conference will be held in Niagara Falls, on September 28 - 29, 2017. The conference will consist of keynote speeches, technical sessions, and associated workshops. A workshop will be a half or one day event that focuses more on recent development and emerging applications in the area of ad hoc networking.
The conference solicits original technical papers that were not previously published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Papers should address technical challenges in any type of ad hoc network, such as, but not limited to, Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, Sensor Networks, Vehicular Networks, Personal Area Networks, Body Area Networks, Smart Grid Networks, Nanonetworks, or Home Networks. Possible topics of interest include:
- Network architectural and protocol design
- Cross-layer design
- MAC, routing, and transport protocols
- Resource allocation and management
- Network control and management
- Power control and management
- Topology control and management
- Quality of service provisioning
- Service discovery
- Ranging and node localization
- Time synchronization
- Data fusion
- Network scalability and capacity
- Reliability and fault tolerance
- Security and privacy
- Middleware for ad hoc networks
- Applications of ad hoc networks
- Performance modeling and analysis
- Tools to design, implement, and evaluate ad hoc network protocols
- Wireless Software-Defined Networking
- Network Function Virtualization for ad hoc networks
Follow us on Twitter at #ADHOCNETS2017
Latest update: AdHocNets 2017 is pleased to present our Keynote Speakers:
Prof. Evangelos Kranakis
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
- "Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL)."
- Accepted Authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to Special Issue in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications.