EAI ADHOCNETS 2021 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference.
In 2020, EAI successfully launched an online conference format to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees while retaining fully live interaction, publication and indexing. Due to the unrelenting global pandemic, this will also be the case in 2021.
Although we will miss having everyone meet and connect in person, we feel strongly that knowledge exchange must continue, if not more so. That is why we have equipped our online conferences with live viewing with chat, virtual Q&A, and a multitude of other measures to provide you with a great experience. Learn more about EAI’s online conferences.
All matters related to publication and indexing will remain unchanged.
The annual International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks (AdHocNets) focuses on ad hoc networking technologies and their applications. An ad hoc network is a wireless system, in which mobile or static nodes are connected using wireless links and cooperate to self-organize into a network without the requirement for any infrastructure such as access points or base stations. In recent years, ad hoc networks have been attracting increased attention from the research and engineering communities.
The distributed and multi-hop nature of ad hoc networking as well as the highly dynamic topology of an ad hoc network due to node mobility has introduced many formidable challenges such as scalability, quality of service, reliability and security, and energy-constrained operations for the network. Ad hoc networking covers a variety of network paradigms including mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs), wireless sensor networks (WSNs), vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs), airborne networks, underwater networks, underground networks, personal area networks, and home networks, etc. It promises a wide range of applications in civilian, commercial, and military areas.
The aim of the annual AdHocNets conference is to provide a forum that brings together researchers and engineers from academia, government laboratories as well as industry to meet, network, exchange ideas and present their recent research work, and discuss future directions on all aspects of ad hoc networks. Following the success of ADHOCNETS’09-20, the 13th edition of the event, ADHOCNETS 2021, will be held virtually. The conference will consist of keynote speeches, invited talks, and technical sessions.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The conference solicits original technical papers that were not previously published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Papers should address technical challenges in any type of ad-hoc networks. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Mobile ad hoc networks (MANET)
- Vehicle ad hoc networks (VANET)
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) networks
- Wireless sensor networks
- Airborne networks
- Underwater networks
- Underground networks
- Personal area networks
- Body area networks
- Home networks
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Network architectural and protocol design
- MAC, routing, and transport protocols
- Resource allocation and management
- Network control and management
- Power control and management
- Topology control and management
- Quality of service (QoS) provisioning
- Service discovery
- Ranging and node localization
- Time synchronization
- Data aggregation
- Network scalability and capacity
- Reliability and fault tolerance
- Security and privacy
- Low-power wide-area IoT networking
- Massive machine connections for IoT
- Middleware for ad hoc networks
- Cross-layer design for ad hoc networks
- Software-defined networking for ad hoc networks
- Network function virtualization for ad hoc networks
- Edge/fog/cloud computing for ad hoc networks
- Machine learning (or AI) for ad hoc networks
- Performance modeling and analysis for ad hoc networks
- Tools to design, implement, and evaluate ad hoc network protocols
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access) – indexed in ESCI & Ei Compendex
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
21 June 2 August 2021
16 August 2021
6 September 2021
Start of Conference
6 December 2021
End of Conference
7 December 2021